What Is A Dab Rig? A Dab rig is a water pipe fitted with a male end joint and a dome. Use this rig to dab high quality concentrates like shatter or
What Is A Dab Rig?
A Dab rig is a water pipe fitted with a male end joint and a dome. Use this rig to dab high quality concentrates like shatter or rosin. The simple concept of dabbing has changed the way we consume cannabis. The equipment purchase deters some but a dab rig is like a bong. It just has a different type of ‘bowl’ ready for concentrates.
What’s a Dab Rig?
Truthfully, any water pipe may be utilized as a dab rig; you simply have to have a nail that is going to fit on it. If you want to take the easy way out, just buy a whole rig.
Consider choosing a rig with a percolator to cool your dabs like a recycler. Dabs can be hot unless you choose to dab at low temps. We recommend this!
How A Dab Works
You’re technically not smoking when you are dabbing. The aim is to vaporize your concentrates without creating harmful combustion byproducts.
Once you have a rig with a nail you’ll need some concentrates, a dab tool and a blow torch. Then it’s time to season the nail. Read more about different types of dab nails here.
What Is A Dab Rig: How To Season Your Dab Nail
Seasoning a dab nail ensures the elimination of residual manufacturing chemicals.
Hit your new nail with your blow torch it until it becomes red hot. Then smear concentrates around the nail and let it vaporize completely. Don’t hit it. Finally, use tongs to dunk the nail into water to cool it. Repeat this process a few times and you’re good to go.
Now decide if you want a high temperature or low-temperature dab.
What Is A Dab Rig: High-Temperature Dabbing
- High-temperature dabbing follows this procedure.
- Scoop up some concentrate on your dab tool
- Then torch the nail of yours it glows white hot.
- Next, drop your concentrate onto the hot nail – while drawing through the water pipes mouthpiece.
- The concentrate will quickly vaporize, and you will get it all at the same time.
This strategy is a bit more complicated, however, you are going to get a far more flavorful and less strong hit. Low temp dabbing is considered safer, too. To low temp dab, you will need a carb cap unless you are using a nail and dome.
- First, heat the nail of until it becomes red hot.
- Let the nail to cool anywhere from ten to forty-five seconds.
- Use your dab tool to pick up some concentrate.
- Draw air in through the mouthpiece while you drop the concentrate onto the nail.
- After it stops bubbling, cap it – place the dome over the nail.
- Finally, lift off the cap or dome and take in the built up vapor.
Low-temperature dabs produce fewer coughs which is great. It also preserves a lot of flavor in high-quality dabs.
Feel like you have the hang of it, ponies? If you need some help, click any of the links in the article to be swept away to more information.